Showing posts from September, 2020

Fire Safety Tips

It’s been about a month since my family and I survived a house fire. It's been a roller coaster of ups and downs. I feel optimistic and very thankful to survive and recover from my injuries. We have been blessed by family, friends, colleagues, and the community for the generosity and support we have received. Our firefighters told me most fires occur in the kitchen or bedroom, either started by electrical or candle. I wanted to share some tips  to prevent house fires: Don't light candles Be trained w fire extinguishers Have 2 exits out of house  Have an emergency fire escape plan  Call 911 ASAP Test fire alarms  Have fire extinguishers in kitchen and bedroom  Resources :